We Are Hiring: Operations Manager
Your Job Title: Operations Manager
Where you will work: Trust Realty Group Head Office – 227 ½ Brock Avenue, Toronto Ontario
Reports to: CEO – Monte Burris
Who are we?
No one knows a neighbourhood better than someone who lives there.
That’s why Trust Realty Group team members work where we live—it gives us exclusive access to neighbourhood intel that we use to help our buyers and sellers make decisions with confidence.
Our inside scoop is our client’s strategic advantage.
We know the quirks of pricing, street by street, including the features that get top dollar. We know what’s around the corner—literally and figuratively—in terms of development applications, city planning decisions and other neighbourhood changes that may affect their real estate decisions. Timing is everything—and we know what properties are about to come on the market. Plus, we know the exclusive listings of other agents and information about what their buyers are looking for, giving our clients the inside track on what’s available and who’s looking.
We treat our client’s money like it’s our own.
Whether they are buying, selling, investing, leasing or renting, the right knowledge combined with smart marketing will put thousands of dollars in our client’s pocket.
Trust us—that’s something only a neighbourhood specialist can give them.
Who are we looking for?
The Operations Manager for Trust Realty Group is responsible to lead and oversee the work of staff members on our team. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of office operations as well as work with the Business Manager to set strategic goals for the future. They will be thorough and cautious in their actions/decisions with personal self-structure and a strong sense of urgency. Operations Managers plan, direct and coordinate all organization’s operations. This person will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for data entry, accounts payable, payroll, managing the organization’s HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the Business Manager and CEO, and other misc. tasks.
Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the Management Team along with the Business Manager, this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s operational functions. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
This individual will proactively handle challenging people/situations, and be accommodating with a supportive attitude. They will have persistence, strong follow-up skills, and comfort with routine. They must be relaxed, steady, and work with methodical pace while using proof/facts and a high level of objectivity/impartiality in their actions and decision-making. They must have the ability to work with facts and technical information, have a strong attention to detail, be cooperative, and work “by the book.” They must establish and nurture personal relationships and must be comfortable with personal conflict that may arise. The individual must be an independent decision maker, self-sufficient, and self-directed in their activities. They have at least 5 years of real estate administration experience.
The Operations Manager must understand that to run effectively and efficiently, Trust Realty Group must tend to its team members’ needs in such a way that they (the team members) are receiving the expected level of service and remain satisfied with the level of service provided by Trust Realty Group. The Operations Manager will be tasked with managing, training, and consulting the administrative team and assisting the Business Manager and CEO in managing associate team members.
This individual also demonstrates a commitment to learning and strives for growth by regularly attending courses, teaching when appropriate, and regularly practicing scripts and dialogues. He/she is committed to investing in other team members and has the drive and tenacity to achieve or exceed productivity, appointment setting and revenue targets. They will leverage the Career Growth Initiative tools to assist the CEO in consulting with associates on the team to set their goals and direct them to productivity solutions.
Above all else, a Trust Realty Team Member is united in their commitment to the team’s standards and to achieving the team’s goals and believes in achieving results through empowering others.
What will you do?
These are the standards a well-above average performer will maintain or exceed:
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning
- In conjunction with the Business Manager, increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits
- Disbursement of checks for agency expenses
- Organization of fiscal documents in conjunction with the Business Manager
- Supervise and coach office staff on a weekly basis
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Gather, analyze and interpret external and internal data and write reports on system efficiency and scalability
- Assess overall company performance against objectives with the CGI/forecast models
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines
- Implement the CEO’s vision
- Build Trust Realty Group to a level of acceptable profitability in conjunction with the Business Manager
- Implement and drive value systems for Trust Realty Group growth
- Accurate banking and accounting service as needed to support the business manager
- Supervise administrative staff
- Day to day banking requirements
- Agent retention
- Transaction management oversight
- Manage the marketing plans and department
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- New agent onboarding and orientation
- Offer writing
- Bookkeeping (A/R and A/P)
- Systems development and implementation
- Purchasing (supplies and equipment)
- Maintain office equipment and technology
- Create agendas and record meeting minutes
- Schedule Team Training Sessions
- Coordinate with Digital Marketing Management and Staging Management
- Hiring, training, and consulting personnel
- Introduction of new products/services to existing team members
- Managing the Client Care Coordinator and Agent Team
- Team Associates – daily
- Business Manager – daily
- CEO – daily
- Buyers/Sellers/Vendors – as appropriate, mostly daily
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Calm under pressure
- Computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of databases and information systems
- 5 years of industry experience
- Excellent at building rapport
- Good organizational skills
- Learning based
- Able to lead others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Know that their activities directly affect the bottom line
- Good capacity for communicating effectively and for keeping people informed
- Strong sense of urgency, but not at the expense of quality
Want to apply? Send us:
A few paragraphs or a video introducing yourself
Your Resume (online, Word or PDF)